Re: Character design Qs

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:34:54 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001 reinierd_at_... wrote:

> I had some characters I had designed for RQ3 and tried a simple
> conversion of them to HW. The most noticeable difference was that
> Issaries and Lhankor Mhy characters really stink in combat other
> things being equal.

<snip>

Issaries can trade magic, so a powerful follower of Issaries Goldentongue can have all sorts of funky feats to whip off at her foes. I suspect you can do the ritual as a HQ, to learn a feat more permanently (bit of an effort, I'm sure)

Lankhor Mhy followers can use the powers of the sharp mind of their God. LM is supposed to be battling Thanatar afterall, and I just don't see him all that helpless. LM is the god whose followers could develop Telepath/ESP/PSI/mentalist style feats, reading the mind of an opponent is only that far of stunning it with a powerful tought.   (This is totally different from the chaos power of the lunar priestesses, as the LM follower readilly tells you)

If the LM doesn't want to try a mental-strike, he is also in an excellent position to learn some of the more obscure feats of the storm/earth pantheon. Afterall, he is the God that best understands magic, among the orlanthi.

        -Adept