Re: Character design Qs

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:52:57 -0500

Reinier wrote:

>I had some characters I had designed for RQ3 and tried a simple
>conversion of them to HW. The most noticeable difference was that
>Issaries and Lhankor Mhy characters really stink in combat other
>things being equal.

Do not forget that even merchants and sages learn shield-and-spear fighting as part of the Orlanthi cultural keyword. That gives them Close Combat at 13, and they *can* choose Close Combat as their 5W ability or as one of their two 1W abilities. They are far from helpless non-combatants... refer yourself to "King of Dragon Pass", where merchants and sages often kick some serious ass on the battlefield.

Michael Schwartz mschwartz_at_... Ann Arbor, MI USA