Re: Re: Character design Qs

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 17:00:44 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Michael Schwartz wrote:

> Reinier wrote:
>
> >I had some characters I had designed for RQ3 and tried a simple
> >conversion of them to HW. The most noticeable difference was that
> >Issaries and Lhankor Mhy characters really stink in combat other
> >things being equal.
>
> Do not forget that even merchants and sages learn shield-and-spear
> fighting as part of the Orlanthi cultural keyword. That gives them Close
> Combat at 13, and they *can* choose Close Combat as their 5W ability or
> as one of their two 1W abilities. They are far from helpless
> non-combatants... refer yourself to "King of Dragon Pass", where
> merchants and sages often kick some serious ass on the battlefield.

My ladyfriend Suvi was amused, in her game, the lawspeaker of the clanring found himself cornered in a battle. He then invoked Uroxes berserkermagic, and cut his opponents to bloody shreads.

The old guy coudn't remember a thing of the fight, and was terribly embarassed about how he had behaved. =D

All the above from KoDP also.

        -Adept