Re: Defending against Bisons

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:17:08 -0000

Damn those little buggers can use the 'net now... doesn't say so in Anaxial's :)

> All I said was that the Boars Snout is used byHeortlings against
bison,
> with the rear ranks of the fyrd all leanign forward to prop up the
first
> guys. The hope is they will pass around.

Wow... nasty... I've tried facing a charging horse with a medaeval plate armoured rider (not a trained horse though, he couldn't fight me, just make it look good for the cameras - Eurodisney, in this case :), and didn't like the vibrations of the hoofbeats coming up through the ground...

It should be noted, by the way, that the NFPS isn't a competitive group, we do re-enactment to order, for cash. Which doesn't mean we fake the combat or coreograph anything, but when a shield wall sees a Boar's Snout coming they tend to admit defeat BEFORE suffering injury... When you're using steel weapons (although blunt, and thrusts and all head blows are banned) you appreciate what works and what hurts.

Wulf