Re: Sleep and other such magic in combat

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:25:32 -0000

> Anyway, our stout-hearted heroes find themselves once again in
> combat against the accursed Lunars. One of the members of the party
> is a Chalana Arroy priestess, who decides to use her sleep feat to
> put some of the Lunars out of commision. Would this use of Sleep be
> considered a normal AP test (resulting in the loss and potential
> gain of AP's), or would it be a simple contest, within the extended
> contest.

I would suggest that it is an AP test. One way that I have seen similar feats managed in a contest against multiple opponents (treated as a unit rather than as individuals) was to divide calculate the original number of APs per unit member, say 20 per member. If the feat caster caused the unit to lose APs then each multiple of 20 APs knocked out one more unit member.

regards,
Charles