Re: OT: I like the book size

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:40:29 -0000

I'll third this comment. I like the compact book size. On those days when I get myself organized enough to take the bus into work (instead of being yet another single occupant car clogging the roads and belching out pollution) I like to read, and much nothing larger than a traditional hard-back book, and even those can be awkward if the bus is crowded. Plus, you can lug the hero wars books around without adding a lot of bulk or mass to your load, ergo you can slide them into a backpack or briefcase to take along "just in case" you want to check something.

I will agree about most of the internal illustrations not doing much for me, however. In my opinion most of them seem to try too hard for drama and style, and do too little to tell a story.

So my vote is: keep the convenient book size, but integrate the illustrations to the text better, even if they aren't all as detailed and elaborate.

--Bryan