Re: Digest Number 438

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:12:04 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

> is a feat indeed. Even disarming somebody with a knife almost always
> get's you cut, if the opponent knows how to use the knife at all.

Not if the person with the knife isn't immediately trying to stab you and you are willing to break their arm/wrist to do it. You sweep the arm holding the knife to one side, grab it and step inside. Then hurt them until they drop the knife. How well that applies to swords I wouldn't like to say, but given the idea is to get inside the radius of the weapon, it may well be just as effective.

I'd guess not something you try during a mock battle though.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net