Re: Poison resist, alt rules files, record keeping

From: jeff.kyer_at_...
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:44:38 -0000

Usually. But its considered polite to ask the moderator (Steve Lieb)

> On poison resistance. (This is on the pedantic side; sorry). Should
> we assume a default resistance of 14 (natural world), modified by
> Humakti geases, "tough", and similar traits? A default of 6 seems
> cruelly low, and forcing characters to specifically take a Poison
> Resistance trait seems a little tough as well. Of course any number
> of other traits with or without improv modifiers could work, but
does
> anyone think that in the absence of other relevant abilities a
> default of 14 would unbalance the game?

Usually one can find some trait to improvise from. Tough, strong, healthy, virile =) and too dumb to die have all been used. But I'm not a big fan of poison. The necessity of irksome things like bladevenom and poisons of yore is not quite as pressing in HW.

> Finally, I'm finding extended contest record keeping a chore; it
gets
> confusing who has what edge, what the AP bid was and who lost how
> many AP to whom. So I plagiarized Oliver and made a record keeping
> sheet in Excel. OK to post? Should Excel/Word be avoided?

I use a scratch pad and write a series of columns. It works for me. And most players weill be HAPPY to keep track of the numbers for you -- and correct you if you get ti wrong. Think of it as practice for your aritmetic facts. I know it helps me.

Jeff