Quest Challenges & Feats & Buttons & Bows

From: Paul Gibson <bikinifacile_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:34:53 -0000

Long time lurker, first time poster. Love the show! These questions have probably already been beaten to death like a baby seal but I pride myself in remaining ignorant against all odds.
  1. How do you narrate a Quest Challenge? What happens when I wager an ability other than just saying so and rolling the dice? What does this represent? As is it seems like a mechanical game construct. The Narrator's Book just yadda-yaddas over the subject then points over my shoulder and runs away.
  2. Feats. As I understand it if I have a Leap Over Water (or something) feat then the resistance I face, barring other (magical) factors, is 14. What is to stop me jumping down to Pamaltela for tiffin then jumping back in time for Neighbours, all at a resistance of 14? The range modifiers? Could I be sleekit and use the distance to augment the 14? I'd like to think it came in to it somewhere. If I just have a vanilla flavour Big Fat Leap feat, what resistance does that face?

Paul.