Re: Re: OT: Shameless plug and rule variant

From: Geoffrey McVey <magpie_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:05:08 -0500

At 05:46 PM 1/25/01 +0000, Ian wrote:
> > My wife and I have recently started running a non-Glorantha Hero
> > Wars campaign for some friends of ours, and I thought I would
> > advertise the webpage here. Perhaps there are a few details worth
> > borrowing into other
> > games, if they strike anyone's fancy:
>
>I'm interested; you chose HW even though you're not running a
>Gloranthan game. Care to let the list know what attracted you to the
>system.

The group that we game with has, up until now, been playing games using the (wonderful) Fudge rules, and my wife and I decided that if we were to run something, it should be with a game system that is as easy to pick up and learn. The mechanics of the HW rules fit the bill -- a fairly straightfoward d20 resolution system, combined with a few interesting twists to spice it up and no long lists of spells or skills for the players to have to learn. So far, it's worked well. We weren't certain how the players would take to the prose character write-ups, but they all produced excellent characters, and we're quite happy with them. Now all we have to do is figure out how to write plots for a group consisting of a lady-in-waiting, a bodyguard, and... a dentist.

-G.