Re: Re: Thunder Goons - Quick Review (wandering OT)

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 14:23:29 +1000

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:25:44 -0800, "Roderick and Ellen Robertson"
> <rjremr_at_...> wrote:
>
> >So while *we* have to put up with re-runs of Gilligan's Island and Three's
> >Company, *you* guys get the Goon Show? Oh, the unfairness.
>
> Actually, barring one-off broadcasts, I don't think the Goons have
> been on radio since the very early 70's at best... I should stress, I
> am FAR too young to remember them, I only collect the cassette
> recordings by the Beeb Beeb Ceeb...

They've been pretty much continuously repeating on radio in Australia for
at least 15 years (owning up to listening, on and off, to them for that long :-)

Another sometimes goon was Valentine Dyall (sp?). Stood in for Secombe sometimes.

Seriously, anyone who likes python would, IMHO, like the goons...   "he's fallin' in the water"
  "uuuuullloo - I'm the famous Eccles"

Rob