Re: Simple Contest question

From: wulfc_at_...
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 13:46:47 -0000

> I tend to use simple contests a lot. My rules for chaining them
together
> are at http://gjr.thestableyard.net/glorantha/hw/house_rules.html
>
> This should answer all your questions.

It does, thanks. Not sure I agree with all your ideas, but they're all comparable to mine :) I like your resolution table particularly, but one question: when it says "-3 to next action", do you mean 'next action as an actor' or 'next die roll, be it as actor or opponent'? This bit, the 'Dazed' result from the standard Simple Contest, was my biggest problem. If it has no effect, the contest can drag on for ever. If that person loses their next action as an actor, it helps, but not much. Losing next action attack or defence is too nasty.

Wulf