Re: How do edges and handicaps work?

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 14:53:49 -0000

> Thanks, and agreed. Actually, it's perfectly clear, and always has
> been - UNTIL someone explains it using different terminology to
> mine:)
>
> As I said before, the sole source of confusion is the variable use
> of the word 'edge' to mean both an augmentation on an Ability AND
> the overall balance between actor & opponent in a contest.

Sorry, I'm still lost as to what I should put in my program - looking after wife and child with colds has turned my brain to mush (or possibly my own cold did it without the need for further excuses).

Am I to understand that

1 - In a contest round, only the actor/bidders edge is considered and only when the actor/bidder wins

except

2 - If the opposer/non-bidder takes an edge on a "defensive" skill, then that edge should be treated as a handicap on the actor/bidder.

Have I missed something?

regards,
Charles