Re: Re: TR omission?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:45:23 -0800

> > Just realised, although mentioned, the Orlanthi Four Weapon Feats
> are
> > not listed anywhere in TR. Will these, and any suitable rules on
> > availability & application, be printed anywhere? Should ALL Orlanthi
> > get them? Including Vingans (as was the case in the Vinga writeup in
> > TradeTalk 5)?
> >
> > Wulf

I hadn't realized they weren't mentioned - we *did* write 'em up. (What? read the book after it's printed? I read it too many times when it was being written!)

> It _looks_ like they were cut from the final writeup due to space and
> should have been in Special Orlanthi Aspects. I suspect they will be
> posted to the HW site under "Material Cut from Thunder Wars" (and/or
> be in Storm Tribe). They were basically four stand-alone feats that
> counted as a subcult that any Orlanthi (and by extension any Vingan)
> could learn for that 10% extra bit of time.

Vingans are a subcult of Orlanth Adventurous (we left her out because she isn't a "normal" part of the cult, just like Nandan isn't "normal" Ernaldan practice), and would have the chance to pick up the four weapons. A long form Vinga writeup is slated to be in ST.

> Perhaps Roderick might post the subcult writeup here?

Only after I check with greg that it's okay.