RE: Change of Devotee rules in TR!

From: Grawe, Philipp <pgrawe_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:39:25 +1100

> Have the rules changed or is it Orlanthi specific?
>
> ie. a devotee can't also be an initiate of another cult
> (boxed text on page 70)
>
> This may become the most ignored rule in Hero Wars.

I don't know about that.

I've always figured that if you're devoting yourself to a god, it means devoting in the sense of giving your self fully, dedicating yourself to that god and that god only.

If I ran a campaign that'd be something I change. If you're devoting yourself it's a huge step and it means you're devoting yourself to one god only.

I mean, I don't like the thought of some twit devoting himself to 3 gods and figuring he can spend 90% of his time on business for various cults.

As an initiate of Issaries and Orlanth Adventurous, your Issaries priest asks you to do some business, you answer, "Sorry, no can do, it's an Orlanth Adventurous Holy Day", the priest might answer "Yeah ok", think "Exactly how serious are you about Issaries?", get someone else to do it and your status hasn't exactly increased but Issaries isn't your prime focus so you don't really care.

As a devotee, I think it should be different. Cult business is it! This is your main focus in life, this is what you do, there's no "Sorry, can't make it"

IMG and IMO, anyway.

Harry.