Re: Change of Devotee rules in TR!

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:24:35 -0800

> Have the rules changed or is it Orlanthi specific?
>
> ie. a devotee can't also be an initiate of another cult
> (boxed text on page 70)
>
> This may become the most ignored rule in Hero Wars.

Why?

Or, another way to state it, There are now subcults of Orlanth to do just about anything you want - merchants, warriors, lawspeakers, farmers, lovers, fliers
The reason people want to split their hero across two cults is (to me anyway) a desire to create the kind of character they want that wasn't provided in the original game - a Flying Hunter, or a Warrior/merchant. We only provided one flyer, and (really) one hunter god, so if you wanted a flying hunter you had to pick across cults

My view of Orlanth is that he is the cosmos' greatest minimaxer - "I am a Hunter/Farmer/Warrior/Flying/Thunderbolt-throwing/Assassin/Wizard/Bard/Cleri c...ooops, sorry, got carried away there.

RR