Re: Change of Devotee rules in TR!

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 22:37:30 +1300

Graham Robinson:

> > >ie. a devotee can't also be an initiate of another cult
> > >(boxed text on page 70)

>Me> My impression was that it was Orlanthi.

>Oh I hope not. Being a devotee has few enough penalties in real gaming
>groups - okay there's the time penalty, but that's likely to be normally
>counted as 'off stage' - so having the restrictions on initiating
>elsewhere is an extra incentive to NOT devote.

Fair comment. What I was thinking was that the Lunars/Pelorians might have somewhat different restrictions (based on their body parts cosmology perhaps). In some of Greg's published musings, he plays down devotion among the Pelorians. The musings predate HW however so it's unwise to rely too much upon them.

--Peter Metcalfe