Re: Change of Devotee rules in TR!

From: orlanth.umathi_at_...
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:09:45 -0000

> In some of Greg's published
> musings, he plays down devotion among the Pelorians. The musings
> predate HW however so it's unwise to rely too much upon them.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

This was exactly my point, until now everyone has been playing down the level of devotee.

When we all asked where do rune lords and other rune levels fit in, we were told not to worry, they are a higher class of devotee.

Not only does Thunder Rebels not mention Rune Lords, but it suggests that devotee is the highest level (excepting secrets).

I am aware that Priest/Rune Lord etc. are ocupations but I for one do not consider being a devotee of a deity and an initiate of another power gaming or based on an old rules paradigm.

I do not doubt that being a Priest/ Rune Lord disqualifies you from being an initiate of another deity.

This is a change in how Glorantha works, and I feel an incorrect one.

In fact, introducing the restriction is adding to the rules unnecessarily.

I can think of several good reasons for a devotee to be an initiate of another cult, and they are mostly political reasons, not based on powers / player greed.

Lets not pretend were not surprised by this!

I will be ignoring it.

My players will be happy to hear it even though none of them are about to do this

___
Jamie
orlanth.umathi_at_...