Re: Change of Devotee rules in TR!

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:39:54 -0000

As has been said by others (and frequently) associated magic is not a part of HW, being an artifact of Runequest. The role of Associated Magic is taken by Divine Aid or Pantheon worship, which, if you buy it up to a decent level, functions very nicely (as my players have shown me). If you absolutely, positively HAVE to have some feat from another cult, Divine Aid is how you will have to do it.

Now, if your narrator says you can improvise something and cement it to an appropirate affinity, that's entirely fine. If you can find yourself some herocult for your god that has a similar feat that you can learn, then that's fine as well. If you simply MUST have it and can't figure out how to justify it (and aren't willing to think about just why _that_ is), then take the feat as a part of your starting writeup and/orlearn it as a stand alone feat starting at 12 and increase it accordingly.

Hero cults are another matter -- their membership may be extremely flexible and in many cases are shared across several deities. There are several subcults which also share this distinction. Harst being one. He's both Issaries and Orlanth Allfather.

But frankly, dual initiation is acceptable -- its just the devotee that is has hard choices to make.

Jeff