A Question about Abilties

From: Alexandre Lanciani <takenegi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:19:12 +0100

    This time no interrogation, just a simple question! (Well actually a complex question) ;-)

    In HW everything is an ability, but there are several kind of abilities: physical, mental, equipment and so on. Sometimes though an ability belongs to more than one category: Mercenary, frex, can be interpreted either as a relationship, a personality trait or a flaw.

    Suppose the player chooses it as a flaw (the hero is despised for being a mercenary), but then he wants to use it as a relationship (Contact: Mercenaries). Would you allow him? Perhaps with an improvisation modifier? I think I'd allow him, but I'd like to know your opinions. And if he doesn't choose it as a flaw, still it could portrayed as one in some situations (the hero is interacting with someone with a "Hate Mercenaries" personality trait).

    Mmh... Probably the answer is, as usual, "Go with the story"! :)

--
Regards,
Alexandre.