RE: A Question about Abilties

From: Christian Wanamaker <enlil5_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:37:34

Actually, switching the context a bit, how do people use flaws (particularly the personality trait style ones)? If it's detailed in the rules, I missed it. I figure it could work in a couple of waysa)  it could work as a direct resistance to other skills or personality traits when the player wants to do something contrary to the flaw (sort of the Pendragon Paradigm). For instance, someone with Mercenary 17 is offered a lot of money to burn down an orphanage- he must make an opposed roll with Law Abiding or Compassionate or some such to avoid taking the job. Or someone with Suicidally Brave trys to run from combat . . . b) Opponents can use the flaw to augment their abilities, perhaps. For instance, provoking someones bad temper to provide an edge in a debate.

Any other thoughts or uses?

Regards,

Christian