Re: A Question about Abilties

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:59:19 -0000

Its detailed in the rules under Character Construction.

A flaw doesn't cost you anything and the narrtor is sort of obliged to hurt you with your flaws before pulling something else wierd on you.

> a) it could work as a direct resistance to other skills or
personality
> traits when the player wants to do something contrary to the flaw
(sort of
> the Pendragon Paradigm). For instance, someone with Mercenary 17 is
offered
> a lot of money to burn down an orphanage- he must make an opposed
roll with
> Law Abiding or Compassionate or some such to avoid taking the job.
Or
> someone with Suicidally Brave trys to run from combat . . .
> b) Opponents can use the flaw to augment their abilities, perhaps.
For
> instance, provoking someones bad temper to provide an edge in a
debate.

All of the above. They are flaws. If I can use "Mercenary" six was to help myself, My Narrator is allowed to use Mercanary to screw me over six more. Its only fair...

Jeff