Re: Dar and Rex

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:06:55 +0100

Peter Metcalfe:

>Who says they have to change subcults? When a chief worshipping
>Dar becomes a tribal king, he still worships Dar. The distinction
>between the Chieftain and King is explicitly stated to be artificial

Yes, and that leads to some terminological confusion. The defining characteristic of a subcult seems to be that it has its own affinity. And the Chieftain and King have affinities that are different in both name and function. In this sense the distinction is real and not artificial. But hey, I'm inclined to cut the King some slack.

>Most tribal kings also worship Rex in addition to Dar.

I would assume High Kings do as well. That Authority affinity is just too useful to pass up...

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg