[Fwd: Re: From the Herowars List Fwd: Re: Ancient cults and kolat]

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:01:52 -0500

>From Mr. John Wick on Kolat.

Jeff

on 2/13/01 8:49 AM, Jeff at jeff.kyer_at_... wrote:

> [On Kolat appearing in Lot5R and Glorantha as 2 different things]
>
>> I thnk it describes those spirit using freaks quite well! And I
>> very, very strongly suspect John Wick is aware of Glorantha and its
>> gods. =)
>>

> I wouldn't bet against you there. However the story has it that
> Rokugan's Kolat are based on a group of spies/assassins from John
> Zinser's (D&D I think) Campaign....
> --- End forwarded message ---
>
> Thought this might amuse you.
>
> Have a interesting day!
>
> Jeff

(Jeff, please forward this to the Glorantha list. Thanks.)

John Zinser must have seen them in the CITYBOOKS series (I found them there,
too). They're mentioned (as a holy order) more than once. He used them once
or twice, then dropped them.

It was Zinser's buddy (and current business partner) Dave Seay who really
picked up the Kolat and made them the "K.O.L.A.T." which stands for "Khi,
Agression, Law, Assassination, and Terror" or something like that. There was
also a "good" monk order that stood against them, but I can't remember 'em
right now.

Zinser told me the story, we had a couple of Kolat cards in the ccg, and I
made 'em our Rokugani secret society.

And now you know... the rest of the story.

TC,
JW