Re: Re: Change of Devotee rules in TR!

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:17:51 +0000

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:29:30 +0100, you wrote:

>Nick Eden :

>> >IMO the disappearance of the Rune Lords is "rather unfortunate".
>>
>> There doesn't seem much operative difference between being a devotee
>> of a cult (especially a martial cult) and being a Rune Lord.
>
>I believe that there's something called a Disciple which is far closer to the old Rune
>Lord.
>
>But no : I think that there used to be a whole big thing about becoming a "Rune Lord",
>and to dump the title *completely* is a bit silly IMO. (Not that it should be so
>important in HW : except in one of those low-level campaigns one hears about ...

Comes back to the social title rather than game concept. If you want to post an Advanced Experience that covers a non-devoted, but committed senior member of a cult, pillar of the community type person then no-one's likely to object.

>Probably, I'd have liked it if some sort of concept for "Rune Mastery" had been more,
>let's say, "prominent" in HW.

Affinitites are all associated with Runes. Gaining Masteries with those affinities allows you to do all kinds of cool things, especially to people that lack masteries. The words 'Rune MAstery' may not appear next to each other, but the concept certainly does.

Is Carl Hiaassen shaking his head and saying "If I'd have written this, no-one would have beleived it?"