Re: Subcults, affinities, feats and Thunder Rebels

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:34:27 -0800

> In the Hero Wars book, there is an ambiguous sentence on page 183 in
> the Benefits (of Initiation) paragraph.
>
> "However, they may join subcults and hero cults of the god to learn
> their magics, whether feats _or_ affinities".
>
> Is that an inclusive or and exclusive _or_?
>
> The question could also (to put it in a more practical sense) be
> asked as:
> Does an initiate of Orlanth Adventurous (Destor) get the affinities
> of Combat and Movement and the affinities and feats of Wind?

A person with initiate-level committment cannot learn the feats of an affinity. If the subcult teaches an affinity, he'll learn the affinity *only*. If the subcult teaches stand-alone feats, he can learn the stand-alone feats. This isn't considered the "feats of an affinity" because they are sepoerate from any affinity.

None of the subcults in TR teach stand-alone feats as I remember (but I'm not going to check every listing!). Mostly it will be Hero cults that teach stand-alone feats (we should have some Hero Cults in ST).

RR