Re: Re: equipment; reputation

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 01:35:35 +0200 (EET)

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, David Dunham wrote:

> Mikko
>
> > I'd expect that after that 1.5 years of (heroic?)gaming the combat
> > oriented characters would tend to own famous/named/legendary equipment
> > that would give them 10+ weaponrank.
>
> Named items that give assorted augmentations are a different issue.
> These do make a difference in heroic literature. Whether the hero has
> leather armor or a helmet almost never do.

Hauberk of enchanted iron chainmail, made by the renouned smithpriest Thurson (^7) and so forth...

I think Conans chainmail shirt&helm and trusty broadsword tend to make a difference in the stories. Occasionally he has to improvice without such, and it does show.

But I agree your take on this is quite valid.

        -Adept