Re: Updating characters.

From: wulfc_at_...
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:30:55 -0000

> But as good as it might be, it still creates a couple of problems
for me.
> You se I've got a player that has got a male Bevara cultist. Any
> suggestion on how to handle this particular problem? The character
is
> very central in the campaign, so retirement is out the window.
>
> I don't know how the nandan cult fuctions, but could it solve this
> problem?

Join the club. We have a male Bevaran and a female Orlanthi. The Bevaran may not be too much of a problem, as he's a new character and might be OK with a quick sex change, but otherwise it's either Nandanaccessed  Bevara (wait for ST) or, apparently Heler (likewise). The Orlanthi is our problem, a campaign character of over a decade standing, wielder of the Wind Sword, and a possibility for Clan Champion (I would tend to favour an Orlanthi over a Humakti of similar ability, since the Orlanthi should have closer ties to the clan).

Assuming that Nandan works for men as Vinga supposedly does for women, you should be able to convert with only major changes to Abilities, magic and mythological connections... Unfortunately, while the existing Vinga writeup gives at least a clue how to create a Vingan-aspected Orlanthi-Subcult character, you'll have to wait for ST for Nandan (and that could be a long wait if it overruns like TR!).

Wulf