Re: Hero Wars PBEM?

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 07:32:43 -0000

> Any thoughts or suggestions? As well as individual campaigns, how
> about pre-advertised 'Home of the Bold' or ''Tarsh War online
> (perhaps within certain timezones)? 'Kites' and other beginner
> scenarios run by HW-proficient GMs? Electronic Garhound? Is there
> anyone with Glorantha MUSH/MUD experience?

I know that it is not quite there yet, but my HeroWarsProgram is desgined to support running a Hero Wars game over the internet.

The core rules are already there (though enhancements, particularly edges, need a couple of days work to complete).

The program supports storing character sheets and building characters from Keywords (Greg has kindly let us store the original Heortling keywords from HW:RiG online). Character sheets and keywords may be stored at a URL and retrieved directly by the program from the internet without needing to download first.

There is already rudimentary networking support (i.e. a narrators and several players can connect into a single session but the user interface is poor and enhancements (again) are not connected up correctly).