Re: Digest Number 473

From: Coridan <argrath_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:43:33 -0000

> Of course this was freeform roleplaying- in running HW you'd probably have
> separate irc channel for bids and rules talk, while keeping the main
channel
> for description and dialogue. Cafe is based in the US, but we have managed
> to work with the time difference.
>
> I guess setting up an IRC 'Geos' might be work-able and fun, esp. if we
> could set up a 'registration' area to hold our hundred word descriptions.
In
> character chatter and HW discussion. For real-time, formal GMed
adventures
> I'd imagine a couple of hours every week or fortnight would be as much as
> anyone would want.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions? As well as individual campaigns, how about
> pre-advertised 'Home of the Bold' or ''Tarsh War online (perhaps within
> certain timezones)? 'Kites' and other beginner scenarios run by
> HW-proficient GMs? Electronic Garhound? Is there anyone with Glorantha
> MUSH/MUD experience?
>
> Cheers
>
> John

I was thinking perhaps an IRC channel called "Gimpy's Tavern", done with a Pavis set up. I myself have never done a Glorantha PBEM nor MUD/MUSH (Yet), and think that a Pavis/City of Danger setup would be fabulous. Pavis would also be a great incentive for old time RQ folk to join in, and all that HW
need would be for some way to store characters when a certain NICK came on and a simple AP tracker/die roller bot.

Anyone who would want to work on this with me, please contact me at argrath_at_...

Code-wise, this channel would need
(*) A d20 roller/AP/Mastery Tracker bot that could read character records (*) A means of tracking character records that would enable players to store character stats when they were off line, (*) A 'poser' bot for the three fellows who run Gimpy's to provide basic info and FAQ's, as well as to pose Krograr Wolfhelm, the Orlanth Wind Lord who's also the Gimpy's Bouncer

Anyone want to bite?

CB