Glorantha Coffee Table Book

From: reinierd_at_...
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:00:09 -0000

Gareth Martin wrote:
> I'd be willing to purchase a coffee-table-stylee book of images and
maps of Glorantha, especially if accompannied by flavour text. Might even catch the broader network that "Gnomes" and "Lady Cottingdon's Book of Pressed Fairies" caught, the absurdist niche. It would also make an excellent prop for players; colour plates similar to those of characters/warriors in Storm Tribes would be a GREAT visual tool. Views of cities....

> I'm getting carried away. None the less, it might be an idea worth
> considering, although the vision in my head would be quite
expensive to
> produce. I'd buy it, anyway.

Wow! That's an interesting idea. I would certainly buy it, and the potential crossover appeal could draw in new players. Does anyone know what the economics of publishing a book of this type would be? Perhaps it would be possible to re-use some of the illustrations from KoDP,etc?

The major problem I see is that Greg's time is limited and I'd rather see him developing new things than a book of this nature. Perhaps the book could be subcontracted to the Proselytizing and Commercialization subcult of Issaries? (minimal to no "new" material but very high production quality)

Reinier

PS. Just think: this could be the first coffee table book with a chapter heading called "Eat your enemies in secret." ;>