Re: Magic Skill Fumbles

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:03:38 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 stephen.royle_at_... wrote:

> I was wondering how everybody interprets these.
> The two examples from my campaign I have are:
> a) A PC prayed to his God, Varnaga an Oslir River Crocodile God, to help
> him swim up a river, a big river for nearly a day to get help for the
> party.
> He used his initiate of skill to gain divine aid and fumbled.
> I decreed that because he had been calling upon his God directly, accepting
> magics from a Yelmalion and with Yelm being an enemy of Varnaga, his God
> was displeased with him for this acceptance of enemy magic and he lost all
> access to his gods magic till he redeems himself.
> Too harsh?

That's downright friendly compared to what I'm used to getting (as a player). I'd expect the call to be heard, and that a big 'ol crocodile would come, but instead of helping it would get instinctive and attack the swimming character :O

But then again, I'm used to slightly sadistic GM's/Narrators

        -Adept