***BANNED***

From: steve_at_...
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:55:10 -0000

I'm sorry to report this to the group, and doubly sorry that it's come to this, but David's been banned.

I take my responsiblity to this group - to ALL of its members - very, very seriously. I do not do this without a great deal of thought about the subject.

Obviously, Yahoo groups aren't that rigorous, and it's easily possible for him to re-join under another name. The point of the action is not to erase him somehow. The point is to convey the seriousness with which I hold the policies of this mailing list.

He has been warned multiple times about his penchant for personal attacks by private email, and has twice had his messages put on 'moderated' status. In both previous cases, he was apparently able to restrain his inclinations successfully, but he was advised that - American cliche notwithstanding - I adhere to a '3 strikes' rule.

I will state it again. I am very, very sorry that I have had to take this action. Many of you probably don't think it's that big a deal, but it matters to me that the discussion here is free-flowing but CIVIL. I've belabored the point past necessity. I hope David is able to take this and make some changes in his personal conduct if he wishes to return, in which case I also be the first to welcome him back.

-Steve