Re: Was Magic Fumbles Now 2 Weapons

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:48:44 +0000

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:54:46 +0200 (EET), Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...> wrote:

>> Two weapon use, how do people handle this?
>> One skill with an improved edge?

>Hmm... two weapon combat as a tactical skill (not under CC). You go for
>an augment with 2wc, and the bonus you get is _subtracted_ from your
>oppontents skill, instead of being added to yours?
>
>Also add half of the smaller weapons rank/edge to the rank/edge of the
>larger one.

I would go with these ideas too. And since one of my characters DOES use two weapons (as I do myself in LRP and re-enactment, sword & axe), I have considered it. However, I'd use the 'Two Weapon Combat' ability as a straight augment, not a penalty to the opponent. Another of my characters is ambidextrous, which I also use as an augment... haven't tried the Princess Bride duel yet, but I might...

Wulf