Re: Forming a Wyter

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 09:54:52 -0000

> > > Hauberk Jon is not the Wyter of Jonstown.

KOS p135: "Hauberk Jon was the first mayor, and afterwards the protective spirit for the city, which was also named after him". That seems to indicate that he is the wyter.

> > So what I get here, is that no man can found a clan in heroic
> > age and be incorporated into it's Wyter.
>
> They can form a clan, no problem, but the clan founder and the
> wyter are two distinct entities.

I am not convinced of this. KOS p245 talks of the tension between "Lokamaydism" and the "Foundation Ritual" and _could_ (but not necessarily _should_) be read as indicating that someone that performs the the Foundation Ritual is worshipped during their own lifetime. But the foundation of an entirely new clan is a rare enough event that this should not have too much effect until the late stages of a campaign where a character is already a Hero.

> > Do these founder figures have any influence on the Wyter after
> > they die?
>
> No.

Yes.

regards,