Re: Forming a Wyter

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 17:05:08 -0000

Not so far :)

> One story possibility that has not been mentioned is to make a dead
leader
> the wyter of a new band. This is suggested in Sartar Rising as a
way to get
> rid of the Narrator Character who acts as patron for the beginning
> characters.

This is cool. In fact I can imagine that it is how many guilds/groups got started--one strong leader first organized people, and after his or her death they realized that they wanted to keep the benefit of a group, but needed something to bind themselves together.

I have a couple of questions though.

  1. Is this possibility to imply that the group trying to gain a wyter can in some way influence what becomes their wyter? i.e. can you specifically try to get the spirit of your departed leader Hiorl Oak- to become your wyter? Or is this just something that fate/the narrator may decide to offer up, but which is far beyond the control of those searching for the wyter.
  2. The relationship of the wyter's body and the wyter. Do you first chose the body, and then the wyter will enter it? Or does the wyter chose the form of its body. 2a) If the former, is the body you chose apt to influence the nature of your wyter? i.e. a plow versus a sword influencing how agricultural or martial your wyter might be? Or a favorite object of your dead leader making him more apt to become the wyter? 2b) If the latter, how representative of the daimone is the body generally? If your leader was a Yinkini, are they apt to make an alynx their form when they return as a wyter? Or would they choose the form more in line with the needs of the group that summoned them?

Regards;

Bryan