Two weapons vs. this or that.

From: mdawson_at_...
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 15:41:16 -0000

 I am decidedly of the opinion that 2-weapon use is greatly
> superior to a single weapon,

I think the issue for any rules question would simply be whether this gets a bonus or neg when facing weapon and shield, not single weapon.

I have to caution, however, that going ANYWHERE down that road leads us back into the land of simulation and D&D's "Glaive is better than guisarme" mess. Or RQ's "everyone loves a poleaxe."

I suggest that for HW purposes, two-weapon is best simulated as just another style. GIve it the edge equal to the largest of the two weapons, and no edge vs. missile weapons.

Mike