Re: Lift Objects with Wind

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 14:36:53 -0000

In Thunder Rebels Hedkoranth seems to have lost that feat.

I'll offer a possible explanation of why an aspect of Orlanth Adventurous has this feat rather than than one of Orlanth Thunderous, and why it is a movement feat rather than a wind feat. Anyone with wind magic has the potential to lift objects with the wind, by raising a sufficiently strong wind. But they can only move things that the wind would normally affect.

On the other hand, with the movement affinity, you can cajole the object into "wanting" to move with the wind, sharing the desire to flow with Orlanth's winds and suppressing its static nature. Therefore things that wouldn't normally be blown by a certain strength of wind may come free and start blowing. I would imagine that this is often used to enhance wind magic, and vice versa.

Along with this interpretation, I'm sure there are myths in which Destor convinced various people of Orlanth's might by blowing around objects that they had never believed subject to the wind before (trees, houses, cradles, dinner).

--Bryan