Re: Re: Stormapples and Windberries

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 14:59:04 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001 bruce_at_... wrote:

> One thing I've been very conscious of in running HW myself is that,
> to do a clan-based setting justice, you can easily end up creating
> huge numbers of NPCs. A "Tag Team" approach to Narrators will really
> cut down the burden on any one individual. I'm really looking forward
> to seeing how this develops.

Or you can use my approach. Allow players to say things like "so I go and see the red smith who lives over there". As long as they don't start inventing things that really don't fit your plans (and if they do, explain why...) and its a great way of spreading out the sub-creation. Works really well with the right sort of players.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stableyard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net