Re: Stormapples and Windberries

From: rmv1_at_...
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 16:56:28 -0000

[Dave Dunham responded to my post regarding Clearwine.]
> > How have people represented Clearwine in game terms?
> Ideally you'd bring out a bottle of ice wine and some small glasses
> and let everyone try...
>From experience, I know that this leads to great problems maintaining
continuity and dramatic tension, and can make it difficult to meet time commitments the next day -- particularly if things get competitive, and the homebrews come out. Fortunately, my mead is more alcoholic than their beer, and I usually win...

> Additionally, it has the property of staying cold (probably at the
> correct drinking temperature) year-round.
As I recall, Clearwine made on one particular day of the week will cause a rift between the clans, or something. That particular event happened a long time ago in my KoDP game, and I no longer recall the phrasing exactly. Nevertheless, minor prophecies like this are something I intend to use in my game. The geas-generator from the excellent Pagan Shore supplement for Pendragon springs to mind...

Roland