Re: Delayed magic from a ritual

From: wulfc_at_...
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:14:02 -0000

> Setting up the delayed effect is pretty easy, but with the addition
> of a single hero point, they should be able to bump their roll for
> the delayed effect to cause a complete defeat. This would mean that
> not only can they have the powerful summons available later in the
> year, but that it would be available as many times as they want.
>
> This seems to me to put very powerful magic easily within the reach
> of fairly weak characters. Am I missing something? Or does anyone
> have any comments?

Firstly, as someone else pointed out, you could summon something up and spend a HP to make it a Follower/Ally (judging by some of the Ability values, maybe a Patron...), if your narrator allows, and that's even MORE powerful!

Secondly, I would say that any such summoning would likely involve quite a bit of Community Support (I don't have the actual numbers for Resistances to Summoning, but I'm led to believe they're going to be set pretty high, even for High Holy Days) - as such, the commumity, not the individual Hero, should have control (but admittedly that's a matter of roleplaying between player & narrator).

Thirdly, Summoning does not include Controlling...

Wulf