Re: TR stuff.

From: rmv1_at_...
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:08:39 -0000

[Graham Robinson and Ian Cooper respond to my question about improvisational modifiers for Esrola subcults, inspired by Olli's similar question.]
> [Either:]
> 1. Esrola worshippers suffer an (additional) improvisational
> modifier for using affinities on animals or plants other than their
> own.
> or
> 2. Esrola worshippers receive a +3 bonus for using affinities on
> their own animal or plant.
> Depending how nice a mood I was in. I've never found the +3 to be
> particularly significant on game balance.
Hmm. I thought about it for some time yesterday. When I consider the question I raised, there's a Rules-Lawyerly part of my brain that considers it a very signifcant rules-hole. But, when the Narrator wrestles the Rules-Lawyer down and pins him, I have to admit that it doesn't seem to be a real problem. Game balance hardly comes into it at all: the Narrator is a real person, not a machine robotically spitting out the numbers. The only problem I have, then, is I seem to be robbing the Esrola subcult devotees of some of the benefits of their position. But they were called to this level of worship -- they don't have a real choice in the matter.

Thanks!

Roland