Re: Shhh...

From: arkat_at_...
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:57:00 -0000

>>You wouldn't be asking the question if you
> hadn't already enchanted an item and given it away, would you ?

He might of course be poised on the brink of doing this :)

I had a thought about when it might happen - if the holder of the secret was dying and knew it.

Say poisoned by Krarsht assassins or something. If the poison was resisted long enough and the guy got to a temple, maybe they'd put the secret into an item with the wielder restriction 'only works against Krarsht cultists'

Not that this would be a designed restriction

Basically they'd call on the god and say: "Borik is dying and he wants vengeance on the Krarshti, please put some of his essence in this sword."
And Borik himself thinks that the cult secret would be a fine thing for the sword to enact upon Krarshti and holds the intent that this goes into the sword. And at that moment he snuffs it at the peak of the cermony