Re: augments n' fightin'

From: tim_at_...
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:13:02 -0000

Lots of answers I would only be repeating... However

> > 2. Also, could such an ability be used to apply a handicap to
> > your opponent?
> > Can abilities be used in this manner?
>
> I can't see Tough being used in such a manner, but other Abilities
> could be.

Hmm, Can you give me an example of this to help me get my head around it. My initial feeling is that you augment yourself rather than handicap your opponent. (so, for instance a 2 headed Dragonsnail with "Confusing Appearance 2W" would use this to give itself a defensive edge rather than to handicap it's foes attack). You can use magic to handicap an opponent, but then they get their Magic Resistance to defend against such attacks.

If you can do it, you would presumably limit it to one mundane handicap , or handicaping opponents becomes more useful than boosting yourself?

I'm sure Roderick has admitted that the main thrust of the example was showing how AP's are not reset, and it is not necessarily the best way of doing things. I thought it was in the FAQ (on www.glorantha.com), but I've just checked & it isn't. The Players Book errata does say the feat is the same as "Kill Undead" so "curl up and die at 0" seems a reasonable interpretation (or if you prefer giving undead a large defensive edge from being "already dead" then it ignores this edge

> > Should I be sending these very basic questions elsewhere?

Where else should you send them? This list is the best place for such questions (if the combined talents of the list members can't come up with at least one answer then we are in bad way)

A quick note at this point to the List Admin - The home page for this list says the Glossary, FAQ and Errata are available from the Links Page - since the swop to YAHOO it's now the Bookmarks page. Probably reasonably obvious to most but...