Re: augments n' fightin'

From: wulfc_at_...
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:28:45 -0000

> > it. My initial feeling is that you augment yourself rather than
> > handicap your opponent.
>
> I think this could come up when you are operating 2 or more against
> 1, especially if one of the multiple wasn't very good at combat,
> debate, or whatever was happening. Ergo, a Kadone the Grounder
> initiate making a warrior's sword heavy, to give him a penalty on
his
> close combat.

This was the very example I had in mind (as I have a Kadone Initiate :). If you can't beat the man, attack his weapons. It's like attacking a shield to destroy it, he's going to actually HELP by putting the shield in the way of the blow, so resistance will, indeed, be lower.

Other examples:
Visage of Fear to lower an opponent's abilities instead of a direct attack on his Bravery.
Ear-piercing Shriek (or whatever that Bevaran feat is called) to likewise rattle an opponent and reduce his abilities.

Admittedly, the examples are hard to think of, most times you just use such a feat as an attack. I'm sure a Lhankor Mhy could induce uncertainty or nervousness in an opponent, but the feat names escape me.

Wulf