Re: Digest Number 500

From: Martin Dick <martin.dick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:11:41 +1100

> On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Wesley Quadros wrote:
>
> > In TR they said that Worship <..> Pantheon can be used to ask any god in
> > the pantheon to let you use its affinities. You would get massive
> > improve penalties but you could do it.
>
> Exactly. I don't give as much penalties to worshippers of Orlanth that try
> to use a Urox feat as I would give a Donandar worshipper.
>
> Olli Kantola

This is fine and I allow my players to do things like this, but it doesn't have to mean that two gods don't have a very close relationship and thus let worshippers of other gods learn feats,

  1. if the two gods are closely related in a friendly way
  2. there is a mythic rationale for the giving of the feat and
  3. the person does all the necessary tasks to be considered worthy.

I really can't see how it would detract from the game. Of course it could be abused, if you allowed a myth like when Humakt lent Chalana Arroy his sword Death, but I thought that the associate magics in Runequest were a nice way to expand the idea that it was a pantheon of related gods and not just unrelated individual gods. Sure, the Worship Storm Pantheon can do the same thing, but it lacks a formality which I liked about the associate magics, YMMV.

Martin