Re: Re: Leaving the hero plane

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:57:11 +0100

Jeff wrote:
> These are bread-and-butter HQ that are done regularly and without too
> much in the way of trouble as a part of life in the clan.
> Familiarity, experience, and the fact that Old Torvald's done the
> Founder's Quest 35 times.... And often clans will have items or
> rituals that will help with that specific, important quest.

As this is the rules list, what is the game mechanic that represents these quests being 'bread and butter' and that give Old Torvald such an advantage? I see nothing relevant in the NB.

10W3 is a mighty big resistance.

'Familiarity and experience' means having a mastery, but Old Torvald having a 'Founder's Quest 1W' ability does not help much (a +3 augment if you are lucky).

Old Torvald is NOT going to have Mythology of Orlanth 10W3. Not even if he is the tribal Storm Voice would he have 10W2. The best we can expect is 10W.