Re: Subject: Leaving the hero plane

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:25:07 -0000

> I sent mine back regardless, but used the return barrier to
influence the
> final carryover and success of the quest. On a complete defeat I
think I'd
> also probably have them stuck on the hero plane.
>
> I also kept their initial bonuses to Mythology of X (which should
still be
> active), so on balance they should return OK (unless they only
scraped
> through first time round).
>
> Thom

This is pretty much what I do -- I look at carryover and a last bit of 'oh my god, get us out of here!!!' suspense.

Remember, the person who's going in/out of the barrier (The heroquester) is still going to have his Mythology augmented.

It usually a relatively easy contest, particularly if the group is running a huge carryover....

But if you are bringing back something from the heroplane, the return journey IS supposed to be more difficult. You may not be able to bring your sacred sheep back with you, even though you won it.

Jeff