Re: Re: Subject: Leaving the hero plane

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:15:22 -0600

Wulf Corbett says:

>Ah, I forgot about that. Whips & Maladon (or his head) were possible
>retrievals. And I wasn't suggesting that one (or two) HQ was a
>significant sample, just a poor choice of example IF bringing items
>back was considered unusual. The rules seem to point to an opposite
>conclusion.

        I'm not sure I'd count Maladon as a "significant object." The whips, if I recall correctly, become useless after a season or two (no point in wasting a hero point). Anyway, my point was that relatively routine heroquests (the yearly visit to Kero Fin, initiations) don't produce tangible results -- returning with an object might be considerably more difficult (although the rules at the moment don't say this). The statistical comment was supposed to be light hearted; I just can't deal with those darn faces. Frankly, all this discussion suggests that more in-depth considerations of heroquesting is probably necessary.

Peter Larsen