Re: otherworld

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:13:40 +1200

Jerome:

>Now Dormal is in the Godplane.

We don't really know where Dormal is...

>The companion provides an affinity,
>but he also founded a school of sorcery for the Malkioni, and so had
>a node related to it. I'm wondering which of them is misapplied
>worship ruleswise...

I'd go with what the combined worship rules probably intended to say.

Dormal provides the spell Open Seas and a bunch of feats to deal with merfolk and affiliated gods, collectively known as the Openwater Sailing affinity.

His theistic worshippers (those of the Holy Country) learn the Openwater Sailing affinity normally but learning the Open Seas feat is misapplied.

His saintly worshippers (those in the west) learn the Open Seas spell normally but the Openwater Sailing grimoire is misapplied.

For your companion, you'll have to make a decision on where his magic comes from. If he converted to Malkion while in the west, then it's highly likely that his magic will be sorcerous and that any theistic worship of him is misapplied.

--Peter Metcalfe